UX Designer – Perth
Wednesday, January 31, 2018 5:00 am EST
Who we are
For almost 18 years, Centric Mining Systems has been changing the way the mining industry operates. We deliver innovative, disruptive concepts, and software products that empower operational and executive decision makers to master their mines. As the backbone of any digital strategy, Centric’s mining information system (MIS) centralizes metrics from across the entire mining operation, into one version of verifiable, auditable, accessible truth and a single source for decision making. Centric unlocks and reveals hidden performance breakthroughs, to continuously take mine productivity to the max.
We operate globally from Perth, Australia, and from Sudbury, Canada.
Who you are
You are a career driven IT/Design professional who aspires to be involved in the design and delivery of products and services related to business intelligence, systems integration and business process optimization.
You have experience applying modern techniques to application design and enjoy playing ‘user advocate’ to ensure solutions are designed with usability in mind.
You enjoy working with teams to achieve business goals and thrive in an environment where your personal and professional skills are challenged and upgraded on an ongoing basis.
What we need
Join our Perth team as a UX Designer and help drive initiatives that will solve real world client problems.
You will become familiar with our Centric System; sophisticated software technology used to collect, aggregate and report mining knowledge from across the value chain.
As our key UX Designer your role is to optimise design and user interface of our software solutions. You will be involved in creating user experience flows, prototypes, wireframes, sketches through to high-resolution mock-ups and design assets. This will involve ongoing testing to ensure our solutions have optimum functionality and are user-friendly.
To establish and deliver platform UX and visual design services – including establishing standards, conventions, templates, style guides etc…
Collaborate with the Product Manager and Development Manager to deliver user-friendly platforms, including:
- Managing UX design assets and artefacts throughout the life of a platform,
- Ensuring UX elements are consistent across platforms,
- Develop and document personas, wireframes, user stories, and information architecture
- Participate in the periodic testing of our solutions
What you’ll bring
- Proven abilities in UX activities including wire-framing, user testing, information architecture, personas, user stories, research etc.
- Significant experience of working with end-users, internal managers and stakeholders
- Experience of working across a range of operating systems and platforms such as native iOS/Android, browsers, desktop.
- Experience in the mining industry and/or working with ERP or Data Visualisation tools highly regarded.
Why Centric in Perth?
You will benefit from a progressive and high energy work environment, generous personal and professional development strategies, and competitive remuneration packages.
Located in the Perth CBD, our location provides easy access to public transportation, excellent dining and shopping facilities, and some of the best social and entertainment options in Perth.
How To Apply
Please apply through Seek here by Wednesday, January 31st, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
Only candidates with a status allowing them to be employed full time in Australia will be considered.
Only candidates being considered for the role will be contacted.