Mining Intelligence Software
Senior Software Developer
LOCATION: Sudbury, ON, Canada
WHO WE ARE
Centric Mining Systems is changing the way the mining industry looks at its business. We deliver innovative and disruptive products that provide the industry with a digital mine framework, empowering operational and executive decision-makers to use knowledge more effectively than ever before.
Our head office is based in Sudbury, Ontario but we have offices and partners around the world including Australia, Mexico, and Peru.
WHAT WE NEED
We have an opportunity for a Senior Software Developer to join our Product Development Team in our Sudbury, Ontario office or working remotely. In this role, you will contribute to the development of innovative data management and advanced analytical tools.
We need solutions architected and delivered with a high degree of quality control and assurance within our technology framework.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Be a key player in building high-performance, secure, scalable and delightful consumer and client facing applications from scratch.
- Set technical direction for and own the design and implementation of the overall system architecture and infrastructure.
- Develop new and enhance existing features as well as investigate and resolve defects.
- Empower team members through technical mentoring, contributions to the team’s documentation libraries, and providing automation for manual tasks where appropriate.
- Define and adhere to internal coding standards, development processes, and design best practices.
- Ensure quality by performing thorough testing and leveraging peer reviews for your work and the work of cross functional teams.
- Help scope, estimate, and prioritize work.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 5+ years of direct experience designing, developing, and maintaining software at scale. The best candidates will be able to talk about the back-end architecture as well as trade-off decisions made to support that scale.
- Strong command of modern web technologies, including at least one SPA framework. (React, Angular, Vue, etc.).
- Experience building software that’s successfully deployed in the cloud (AWS or Azure).
- A solid understanding of RESTful APIs, microservices architecture including design, and implementation
- Experience optimizing data access at middle-tier/back-end services against both SQL and NoSQL storage technologies.
WHY CENTRIC IN SUDBURY?
Our region is known as Rainbow Country and for good reason. The city of Sudbury has over 250 lakes within its boundaries and has easy access to world renown Georgian Bay. With a population of nearly 200,000, and only 320 kilometers from Toronto, our lifestyle is hard to find elsewhere.
As much as we love it here, we realize that some candidates may prefer to live elsewhere and as such, this opportunity is open to remote candidates!
You will benefit from a progressive and high energy work environment, generous personal and professional development strategies, and a competitive remuneration package.
It’s a big world out there, but only candidates legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested parties can submit a resume by uploading it to the website portal or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.