Mining Intelligence Software
Manager, Business Development
Manager, Business Development
LOCATION: Sudbury, Ontario
WHO WE ARE
Centric Mining Systems is changing the way the mining industry looks at its business. We develop innovative software products that empower operational and executive decision-makers by allowing them to use knowledge more effectively and innovatively than ever before. The mineral resource sector is a high-growth niche industry with many exciting opportunities and challenges.
Centric Mining Systems is a division of Datamine, the world’s leading software solutions provider to the mineral resources industry.
WHO YOU ARE
You thrive at connecting people with solutions to their business problems, particularly in the mineral resources sector. You are as comfortable delivering a value proposition to the ‘C’ level executives as you are to operational teams. You have the proven ability to identify business development opportunities and the tenacity to follow them through from initiation to the completion of the transaction. You can combine your industry experience and communication skills with the technical expertise of our product team to develop and deliver responses to customer inquiries.
WHAT WE NEED
We require a Business Development Manager to join our Sudbury-based team. This is an opportunity to demonstrate your ability to engage the mining industry and help grow our business. You will be the key stakeholder in sales and business development activities throughout North and South America, Africa and Europe. You should expect to:
- Grow and develop our sales pipeline by identifying new opportunities and working with our entire team to advance these opportunities to successful transactions.
- Clearly present and support our value proposition through customer presentations, attendance at industry and professional events, and assist the marketing team with the development of case studies and industry papers.
- Ensure the successful execution of our internal processes related to sales and marketing, including using the effective use of our CRM system.
- Communicate with our internal sales team and our global Datamine partners to maximize opportunities, ensure clarity of goals, strategies, and processes.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- You have no less than three (3) years of experience in business development (or a similar) role, preferably in the mineral resource sector.
- You have a fundamental understanding of how data management and decision support systems deliver value to the mineral resource sector.
- You are a detail-oriented individual who has proven success at working within a global team to achieve success.
- Your execution model is flexible allowing you to deal with stakeholders (internal and external) in different time zones all over the world.
- You are keen to participate in regional and international travel to attend industry events and meet with prospective clients.
WHY CENTRIC IN SUDBURY?
There is a reason they call it Rainbow Country! Centric Mining Systems is based in Sudbury, Ontario. With over 300 lakes within its city boundaries and a population of nearly 180,000, Sudbury offers a lifestyle balance between urban conveniences and rural charm. Only 350 kilometres from Toronto, Sudbury provides easy access to world-renowned Georgian Bay.
Although we recognize it’s a big world out there, only candidates legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered.
Centric Mining Systems is a division of Datamine, the world’s largest software solutions provider to the mineral resource industry. As such, you will benefit from a progressive and high-energy work environment, dynamic personal and professional development strategies, and a competitive remuneration package.
Please submit your Resume and Cover Letter through Indeed.com using this link.
Only candidates considered for the role will be contacted.
Still on the fence? Read the Top 5 Reasons to Work at Centric Mining Systems.