Mining Intelligence Software
Marketing and Communications Intern
LOCATION: Sudbury, ON, Canada
WHO WE ARE
Centric Mining Systems is changing the way the mining industry looks at its business. We deliver innovative and disruptive products that provide the industry with a digital mine framework, empowering operational and executive decision-makers to use knowledge more effectively and innovatively than ever before.
Our head office is based in Sudbury, Ontario but we have offices and partners around the world including Australia, Mexico, and Peru.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are a recent graduate with a desire to put your education to good use.
- You take a confident approach to your work and thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- You can easily balance long-term goals with short-term deadlines.
- Your communication and organizational skills are your strength, and you enjoy putting those skills to fair use.
- You understand the value of strong personal and professional relationships and can build and maintain those relationships.
WHAT WE NEED
We need you to join our Sudbury-based team as the Marketing and Communications Intern to support our team through research and analysis of target markets and competitors, as well as providing ongoing support to current marketing and sales initiatives.
We need you to work with the Marketing and Development teams to support and guide aspects of the strategic marketing goals, including brand awareness, core messaging, content creation and distribution, PR, and market analysis.
We need someone who works well in a team as opposed to out on their own.
We need someone that contributes to the team’s collective experience while understanding that success is only achieved by recognizing the strengths and experience of others.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Develop PowerPoint presentations for Sales and Marketing department
- Assist with maintenance of website content
- Write and curate content blog posts and email newsletters.
- Curate and manage social media calendar
- Support the planning and logistics of conferences and events
- Assist in the preparation of company brochures, reports and other marketing material
- Liaise with Marketing Management to develop effective strategies.
- Establish and maintain active communication with other team members and departments to assist on their Marketing needs.
- Support the sales department through ad hoc requests
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Attention to detail and strong administration skills
- Self-starter; ability to follow directions with little supervision
- Strong sense of urgency, ability to prioritize and work within tight deadlines
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Programs (Power Point, Excel, Word, Access)
- Adobe Suite experience is a valuable asset (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Bilingual in French is an asset but not required
INTERNSHIP ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
- Be unemployed or underemployed youth (persons aged 30 and under);
- Have graduated within the last three years with a degree, diploma or certificate from a recognized post-secondary institution;
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Have not previously participated in a youth internship with FedNor’s Regional Economic Growth through Innovation (REGI) or in any other federal or provincial internship program with pay for a period of six months or more;
This is a 1-year contract position partially funded by FedNor’s Regional Economic Growth through Innovation (REGI).
WHY CENTRIC IN SUDBURY?
Known as Rainbow Country, Sudbury boasts 250 lakes within its city boundaries and has easy access to Georgian Bay. With a population of nearly 200,000 and located only 350 km from Toronto, Sudbury offers a lifestyle that provides a balance between urban conveniences and rural charm.
Our preference is that the successful candidate will reside near Sudbury and enjoy all that this part of the province has to offer, but we realize that some candidates may prefer to live elsewhere. As such, we are willing to consider other arrangements with the right candidate.
We also realize there is some amazing talent out in the world, but only candidates who are legally entitled to be employed in Canada will be considered.
At Centric Mining Systems, you will benefit from a progressive and high energy work environment, generous personal and professional development strategies, and a competitive remuneration package which includes performance-based incentives.