Mining Intelligence Software
Technical Support Specialist
Technical Support Specialist
LOCATION: Sudbury, Ontario
WHO WE ARE
Centric Mining Systems is changing the mining industry. We provide the information management framework that maximizes the value of our customers’ digital journey. Our software solutions integrate the vast array of systems, processes, and technologies typically found at a mining operation into a single decision support ecosystem. This empowers operational and executive decision-makers with optimal workflows, and clear optics into the business.
We operate from Perth, Australia, and Sudbury, Canada along with international partners providing a global reach.
WHO YOU ARE
You understand the value of the rapid transformation of data into knowledge and the power of analytics and are familiar with the technologies used to implement a typical business intelligence solution. You want to join a global player in this space by applying your knowledge to real solutions on a global scale. You enjoy working with teams and thrive in an environment where your personal and professional skills are challenged and upgraded on an ongoing basis. You enjoy working closely with clients and thrive on seeing their success.
WHAT WE NEED
In this role, you will become familiar with our mine information management system; a sophisticated software technology used to collect, aggregate, and deliver mining knowledge from across the value chain.
In collaboration with our services team, you will use your product knowledge and customer service skills to provide real solutions to problems faced by our global customer base. You will strive to deliver top-quality support to our clients.
- Provide ‘Level 1’ support to our customers by acting as the first point of contact for incoming support requests VIA email, telephone, or online chat.
- Interpret customer support requests, extract the required detail, and effectively triage the request.
- Address and close typical Level-1 support cases such as ‘usage’ problems typically associated with misunderstanding of the product, product access issues, or non-product issues.
- Log customer support cases into our CRM with sufficient detail, and ensure customers are aware of the status of their support request at any time, as well as maintain current customer contact details as required.
- Be able; with confidence, to contact customers for additional information to continue the triage of support tickets.
- Maintain an accurate history of all customer case details in our CRM system including case updates, requests for more information, case closings, communications, etc.
- Elevate unresolved cases from Level-1 to Level-2 support with sufficient detail to allow a further investigation by team members.
- Provide implementation support or project work, within the limits of the stated skill set, as assigned by internal project owners.
- Participate in the documentation of customer workflow for the purposes of technical support, training, and testing.
- Support Centric team members by performing other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Strong communication skills and the confidence to interact with our customers at a professional level.
- Ability to use Customer Relationship Management software (CRM), preferably with experience in Microsoft Dynamics.
- Excellent triage, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- A basic understanding of multi-layered data management and reporting solutions.
- Low to medium-level skills in SQL (Structured Query Language).
- Some experience in Microsoft’s SQL Server Product Suite (SQL server, SSIS, MSRS).
- Strong English language skills are required, both written and verbal.
- Strong French language skills are preferred
- Experience in the mining or mineral resource sector is considered an asset but not required.
WHY CENTRIC IN SUDBURY?
Centric Mining Systems is a progressive employer embracing the dynamic landscape of today’s workplace. Located in the middle of ‘Rainbow Country’, the city of Sudbury has over 300 lakes within its boundaries and a population of nearly 170,000. Only 350 km’s from Toronto, Sudbury offers a lifestyle that provides a balance of urban conveniences and rural charm.
Our team members benefit from a high-energy work environment, generous personal and professional development strategies, and a competitive remuneration and health benefits package.
Candidates must be legally entitled to be employed in Canada to be considered for this position. Only candidates being considered for the role will be contacted. Please submit your resume and cover letter for the Technical Support Specialist position here through Indeed.
Still on the fence? Read the Top 5 Reasons to Work at Centric Mining Systems.