Mining Intelligence Software
LOCATION: Sudbury, Ontario
WHO WE ARE
Centric Mining Systems is changing the way the mining industry looks at its business. We develop innovative SaaS (Software as a Service) products that empower operational and executive decision-makers by using knowledge more effectively and innovatively than ever before. The mineral resource sector is a high-growth niche industry with many exciting opportunities and challenges.
Centric Mining Systems is a division of Datamine, the world’s leading software solutions provider to the mineral resources industry.
WHO YOU ARE
We require a Vice President (VP) of Product to join our Sudbury-based Senior Management Team to oversee the development of SaaS and self-hosted world-class software products.
Accountable to the CEO, you will play a pivotal role in the future of our company by setting and achieving our technical vision through the continuing development of our software products.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Lead, manage, and mentor a team of product engineers, developers, and related personnel.
- Own the product roadmap and communicate this roadmap and product strategy to senior staff and other stakeholders.
- Provide product planning, assignment of tasks and deliverables, and product lifecycle management from concept to launch of the product(s).
- Assess product development sprints and enhancement opportunities.
- Develop schedules, budgets, KPIs and monitor product development sprints and evaluate results.
- Along with other stakeholders, develop a strategic marketing plan, define pricing, and competitive positioning for each product.
- Drive innovative ideas, solutions and products through leadership and decisive action.
- Coordinate collaboration activities and strategies with our global Datamine partners.
- Become the key product evangelist and participate in press activities, conferences, discussions with thought leaders and market analysts.
- You will have no less than five years of experience in a product leadership role in SaaS and/or self-hosted products.
- You can develop and distill product roadmaps into digestible and relevant presentations to key customers and partners.
- You can formulate and implement global strategies for products.
- You are a strategic and creative thinker with the ability to develop go-to-market strategies and campaigns in collaboration with marketing and sales stakeholders.
- You understand modern web technologies, including SPA frameworks, RESTful APIs, microservices architecture, and middle tier/backend services against both SQL and NoSQL storage technologies.
- You have a customer-centric focus and understanding of the value of the user experience and design.
- You have a solid understanding of analytics and business intelligence concepts.
- You possess strong project management skills and attention to detail.
- You have demonstrable success in leading and mentoring a design and development team.
- You have a tertiary education in a related field.
- You can drive product analytics to understand feature usage, comprehension, and optimization.
- You have excellent verbal and oral communication skills that can be used to present our products to internal and external audiences.
- Exposure to the mineral resource industry is a definite asset.
WHY CENTRIC IN SUDBURY?
There is a reason they call it Rainbow Country! Centric Mining Systems is based in Sudbury, Ontario. With over 350 lakes within its city boundaries and a population of nearly 180,000, Sudbury offers a lifestyle balance between urban conveniences and rural charm. Only 350 kilometers from Toronto, Sudbury provides easy access to world-renowned Georgian Bay.
As much as we love it here, we realize that some candidates may prefer to live elsewhere. Although our ideal candidate would be based in Sudbury, we are willing to consider other arrangements with the right candidate.
Although we recognize it’s a big world out there, only candidates legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered.
Centric Mining Systems is a division of Datamine, the world’s largest provider of software solutions to the mineral resource industry. As such, you will benefit from a progressive and high-energy work environment, generous personal and professional development strategies, and a competitive remuneration package.
Please submit your Resume and Cover Letter for the VP, Product position through Indeed.com using this link.
Still on the fence? Read the Top 5 Reasons to Work at Centric Mining Systems.